Polymerases & PCR mixes
metabion will assist your experimental needs, with a variety of PCR mixes and polymerases that fully complement our DNA/RNA product portfolio.
Following the publication of the first paper about DNA polymerase in 1956 by the group of Arthur Kornberg, the use of DNA polymerases in cell-free environment made its way to become a routine technique in molecular biology at light speed.
To the same extent, Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) invented by Kary Mullis in 1985 has been a truly brilliant breakthrough that Mullis himself liked to portray as the result of fate, ingenuity, and a fortunate mistake. And just in recognition of his role in the invention, Mullis was awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1993, which he shared with his colleague Michael Smith, as well as receiving the Japan Prize in the same year.
PCR has now become indispensable for a variety of applications, spanning from research to diagnostics and drug development. It is only sufficient to say that PCR is the gold standard technology for rapid and reliable detection of the recently discovered COVID-19 coronavirus.
Our service at a glance:
- you order your PCR mix/ polymerase. If you require assistance, you can always rely on our top quality Customer Service via chat, telephone or e-mail.
- if you order within 6 pm CET/CEST, we start processing your order on the same day.
- enzymes will be shipped as soon as possible after receiving your confirmed order. If you want to combine shipments of different product categories/orders for cost saving reasons, please indicate.
- to ensure our enzymes maintain our high quality standards, all enzyme orders are shipped with cool packs.
Below you can find a complete list of our top-performing PCR mixes and polymerases. Do you have special requirements concerning PCR reagents and sets? Just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be very happy to assist you.
How to order
Preferred ordering mode is using our web order portal for most convenient web shopping!
Send an e-mail to email@example.com, include your customer id (if you have one).
If you are a new customer, please additionally provide us with:
- your shipping and billing address;
- any additional information that may be applicable, such as Purchase Order number, VAT number (VAT only for customers resident in the EU), etc.;
- and any special shipping requests.
Orders which indicate an e-mail address will be confirmed by e-mail.