RNA High Throughput Oligos (HTOs) – plates
With the increasing number of high-throughput assays for research and diagnostic applications, we developed our patented technology platform in order to produce high quality RNA oligos (HTOs) in microtiter plates.
With our well-trusted offer of DNA oligos in plates, metabion has proven that “quantity meets quality” is not only a slogan for us, but we make it real. This is only possible thanks to our state-of-the-art high throughput technology platform.
“Heart” of this platform is our inhouse developed 96-Parallel Synthesizer, called BH96 (“Blue Hedgehog” 96), which gives us the chance to produce high throughput-high quality oligos, a unique feature we are very proud to build on. The uniqueness of our BH96 is convincingly reflected by the fact that metabion could protect the instrument by patent! As quality was, is, and will always be metabion´s first priority, the “kidney” of our HTO line is Sequenom´s MassArray System, which enables us to check each and every oligo produced by Mass-spec. With the help of this specially adapted system, we can “filter” our synthesis products very quickly for potential quality nonconformities referring to our stringently applied quality criteria. Non-conform oligos are immediately re-synthesized so that only completely checked and approved plates are released.
Our outstanding performance in terms of High Throughput Oligos synthesis is based on:
- Quantity delivered: we guarantee delivery amounts based on final ranges of delivered quantities in nmol, rather than on abstract OD260 values;
- Quality guarantee: metabion has been the first company in Europe to introduce 100% quality check by Mass-spec, and yet being able to offer RNA oligos in plates at best value prices.
Our commitment to quality is further emphasized by our production procedures having been ISO certified according to DIN EN 9001 and 13485 since 2001 and 2010, respectively.
Our standard custom RNA HTOs - plates - Portfolio
Delivery desalted, in 96-well microtiter plates (MTPs):
- 1.2 ml round well/U-bottom;
- 1.0 ml “Matrix” microplates w/o barcode;
- 1.0 ml “Matrix” microplates 2D barcoded.
2 yield ranges based on length-independent delivered quantities from 10–50 nmol for oligos from 5-40 nucleotides:
- ≥ 10 < 25 nmol
- ≥ 25 < 50 nmol
Minimum number of oligos of the same kind (scale, modification, normalization, shipping condition) is 48 per 96-well plate. Combination of batches of 48 congeneric oligos in one plate is allowed.
FAQ – you ask, we answer
There are two ways of ordering:
- The preferred way is order transmission through our Web Order Portal for most convenient online shopping (please refer here for further details).
- You can order by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com with our pre-formatted excel order file as attachment. Download respective Order Form.
When you write your e-mail, please make sure to include the following required information in the excel template:
- Name of the oligo/s.
- Plate type.
- Position of the oligo/s.
- Range of delivered quantity.
- Sequence of the oligo in 5’-3’ orientation.
If you are a new customer, please additionally provide us with:
- Your shipping and billing address.
- Any other information like Purchase Order number, VAT number (VAT only for customers resident in the EU), etc.
In case you choose to transmit orders via e-mail using your own format(s), we need to alert you that above mentioned information in bold print is obligatory for processing your order. Due to extra efforts necessary for individual order format transfer into our system, order processing will take longer as compared to preferred web orders and pre-formatted e-mails. Please note that only files updated to the latest excel/word version (e.g. .xlsx or .docx) are accepted.
How can you convert files to newer formats?
Open the file in a recent Office program and save the file in a newer format. For this go to “File” → “Save as” and choose the newer format from the “Save as type” dropdown menu.
If you want to connect your eProcurement System with our Web Order Portal (e.g. OCI - Open Catalog Interface), please simply contact our Customer Service (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Jump on our Web Order Portal, look for the product category headline under “Custom RNA oligos” called “RNA High Throughput Oligos (HTOs) - plates”, and open the respective order form and start filling it. Options provided are self-explanatory. The system shall guide you through the ordering process.
Place your order and benefit from our yield scale and pricing scheme!
2 ranges of quantity delivered based on length independent delivered quantities* from 10–50 nmol for oligos from 5–40 nucleotides:
- ≥ 10 < 25 nmol
- ≥ 25 < 50 nmol
* Please note that the term “yield range” refers to the final amount of product you will actually receive. Instead, OD260 values are a measure of total nucleotides' optical density. Hence, neither purity nor amount of ordered substance are transparently reflected. For simplification and exemplification reasons look at the following:
1 OD of the DNA 20mer 5´cau cgu auu cga ugc uac gu 3´ translates into approximately 5 nmol;
1 OD of the DNA 40mer 5´cau cgu auu cga ugc uac guc auc gua uuc gau gcu acg u 3´ translates into approximately 2.5 nmol.
Therefore, a 1 OD guaranteed amount of delivered product can vary significantly, while metabion's commitment to delivered oligonucleotides in nmol does not allow for ambiguity in terms of what you expect and pay for, not even for modified oligos!
Expected turnover time for:
- desalted RNA oligonucleotide in single tube format is 3–5 days;
- RNA in plates, expected turnover time is 5–7 business days*;
- HPLC-purified, unmodified or single-labelled RNA oligonucleotides from our standard portfolio are usually processed within 5–10 business days including purification and quality control*;
- duplex oligos take about 10–15 days to be produced, purified and QCed*;
- for RNA dlps you should consider 10–15 days as a realistic turnaround time and for RNA longmers depending on sequence length/complexity and modification level 8-15 business days*.
*Freight forwarders delivery time to the final destination is not included in all cases. In terms of "counting" working days, orders placed past 15:00 (Munich time) are considered to be next day's order. Be assured that we try to process your order as quickly as possible without compromising on quality!
The label on the oligo plate shows basic information like name of person who ordered, name of the plate and order ID.
In addition, you will receive a synthesis report containing more detailed information, such as name of the oligos, physical-chemical properties of the oligos, such base composition, base count, purification grade, amount of DNA (OD260 and nmol), Tm and molecular weight.
While each and every oligo produced and delivered is characterized by either MALDI- or ESI-ToF before release, Mass-Check documentation/spectra will only be provided if requested at the time of order placement. Additional charges may apply. The following terminology is used for differentiating between offered QC options including respective documentation coverage in our order forms and on supporting documents delivered with the products:
Standard quality control performed on each and every oligo. Either MALDI- or ESI-ToF, subject to the "nature of the oligo", and metabion internal procedures. This service is free of charge and no printed/pdf documentation is provided.
Explicitly ordered and performed MALDI-ToF check. Product delivered with MALDI-ToF spectra. Additional charges apply.
Explicitly ordered and performed ESI-ToF check. Product delivered with ESI-ToF spectra. Additional charges apply.
Mass Check + Analytical HPLC
Explicitly ordered and performed Mass Check (MALDI-ToF or ESI-ToF subject to the "nature of the oligo" and metabion internal procedures) and Analytical High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (see FAQ "What is the difference between preparative and analytical HPLC?"). Product delivered with analytical HPLC and MS spectra. Additional charges apply.
All oligonucleotides, whether single-stranded or double-stranded oligos, are provided as dried pellets and shipped at ambient temperature. While being stable at room temperature for 2–4 weeks, they should be placed at –20 °C or at lower temperature upon receipt.
Synthesis is monitored through trityl analysis. Quality check by mass spectrometry further ensure top quality. Please visit our FAQs page for more information.
RNA duplexes are significantly more resistant to nucleases than a single strand RNA oligonucleotide. However, maintaining sterile, RNAse free conditions is always recommended as a precaution. Dried pellets are stable at room temperature for 2–4 weeks, but should be placed at –20 °C or –80 °C for long term storage. Under these conditions, dry RNA is stable for at least one year.